Friday 9 December 2011

DVD Shoot

Well, after several abortive attempts to see Ken Stott to do my little piece for the Woodcroft DVD the day in September finally arrived........and it turned out to be quite exciting.

We met at Novak's car park, which was formerly the site of The Globe slipper works. Ken asked me to walk up and down East Street which after all the intervening years did not really look any different. We re-created the photograph that had caused so much interest: 


2011
    






 1956 & 2011

The shoot was to take place sitting on the wall of No. 12, my very first home. I spoke of my memories of my time there and whilst we were filming the current owners came out and introduced themselves. Then came the wonderful gesture: would we like to go inside and film actually in the house! It was as I remembered it, but there was no Pat Boone or current pop idol picture in the attic, instead with some creative thought it had been turned into "His & Hers" offices. The bedroom that I shared with my sister no longer contained a bath, instead a bathroom had been made. The stone flags in the back room that were covered in lino and a carpet square when I lived there were now polished and exposed.
 I never dreamt that I would one day, after 48 years, that I would have the privilege of stepping back into "my old house".
That's what Woodcroft is all about: Camaraderie, and I thank the current owners of No. 12 for allowing me to step back in time and to Ken for the brilliant idea of making a Living History DVD.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment